BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Grad School vs. Novel???

I got into grad school.  Now what? I know that I’m supposed to be ecstatic and I am.  Don’t get me wrong.  I just wish that I had done all of this immediately upon graduating instead of waiting for two years.  I forgot all of the stuff that you go through when registering.  Why do they need your life story anyway?

To top it off, I haven’t focused that much on my novel like I want to and have been silently kicking myself under the table.  It’s not like I don’t know how I want my story to go but its how the words appear on the paper.  Maybe I’m way too hard on myself.  Maybe I need to be.  I just wish that I were further along than I am right now.  And starting school in three weeks will not help me out that much.

I’ve vowed to myself that I will crank out at least three more chapters.  That’s a chapter a week for the next three weeks.  Maybe by then, I can focus on school and still be far enough into the novel that I don’t go slack brained.  Wish me luck.

0 comments: