BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bring it on 2010

I told myself that last year was really crappy because my husband and I actually slept through the ball dropping. So we made sure that this year we were wide awake ringing in the new year with the rest of the world. But that day really started off with a bang. My husband couldn't fall back to sleep even though he had to be at work at 5:00 am and I fell asleep next to a drafty window. Now my husband and I are both sick. And to top it off, I have to drive all the way to Oldham County so that my son can play basketball in a winter tournament. I'm never going to get rid of this cold if I continue to go out in 7 degree weather chasing the basketball dream. Sometimes it sucks, but I wouldn't change being a mom for the world.

The bang that I expected for 2010 was that somehow all of my bills would magically pay themselves but boy was I wrong. Magic only happens in movies. It sure would be really great to somehow transform into a socialite so that people would pay me to take my picture and I wouldn't have to worry about paying bills because someone would want to do it for me. So since I'm living in the real world I'm going to continue to pray that everything will work out for us eventually. I will continue to go to my 40 hour a week job and making sure that my son finishes his homework correctly. I will also continue to make sure that he gets to his practices on time.

Have a happy new year everyone. I'm going to go back to sleep before the next game.

0 comments: