BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Youth Sports

Ok. Now I usually like to spend my off days at home, washing clothes and catching up with my DVR.I'm a mother so it's the little things that give me thrills. But for the past 3 months, I have spent every weekend at basketball games. Not that I'm upset or anything, but I'm a football mom. I like the sound of the crunching helmets and equipment. The only sounds I hear during basketball are the whistles that the refs are constantly blowing. Sitting at these facilities that have 5 courts and multiple games going on at once is crazy. Not to mention the concession stands that service greasy food and BEER??? Why would you serve beer at a youth sports facility? So the parents can drive their kids home while they are buzzed? It's so amazing to me. Even though I don't care to much for basketball, my son loves the game so I tolerate it for him but I really wish that he could play football year round. Then I would be completely hooked.

0 comments: